Turnitin Software Pricing, Features & Reviews
What is Turnitin Plagiarism Checker Software?
Turnitin is a popular plagiarism checker software used by over 15,000 educational institutions and 30 million students worldwide. It detects unoriginal content by comparing uploaded documents against a vast database of sources, including published books, journals, and websites, as well as in-house repositories.
Turnitin’s originality report provides a detailed analysis of the uploaded document, highlighting any instances of plagiarism with different color codes to indicate the level of similarity. The software can also identify attempts at plagiarism, such as paraphrasing without attribution or using citation generators incorrectly.
Turnitin integrates seamlessly with leading learning management systems and collaboration tools, making it easy for educators and students to share information and collaborate on assignments.
Here is a summary of the key features and benefits of Turnitin plagiarism checker software:
- Comprehensive plagiarism detection: Turnitin compares uploaded documents against a massive database of sources to detect even the most sophisticated forms of plagiarism.
- Accurate originality reports: Turnitin’s originality reports provide a detailed breakdown of the authenticity of an uploaded document, highlighting any instances of plagiarism with color codes and detailed information about the source material.
- Easy to use: Turnitin is a user-friendly software that can be easily integrated with existing learning management systems and collaboration tools.
- Trusted by educators and students worldwide: Turnitin is used by over 15,000 educational institutions and 30 million students worldwide, making it a reliable and trusted solution for plagiarism detection.
Overall, Turnitin is a powerful and versatile plagiarism checker software that can help educators and students to ensure the originality and integrity of their work.
Turnitin Plagiarism for Students
Turnitin prevents students from any potential misconduct and help them submit completely original work. The plagiarism checker can compare the content against a vast database of online and offline content. This helps in developing original thinking among students.
Turnitin provides actionable feedback on assignments. It provides tools to grade the assessments on various parameters like writing skills, paraphrasing tips, etc.
How does Turnitin Plagiarism Checker Work?
Turnitin works in four major stages:
- Registration and Login Access: Students need to contact their instructors to get a Turnitin Account. They need to be an active member of an institute registered with Turnitin. The software asks for the ID and Enrollment Key of a student during the time of registration.
- Paper Submission: After successfully registering themselves, students can upload his/her work within Turnitin to run detailed plagiarism checks.
- Plagiarism Checking: After successful submission, Turnitin uses its advanced search modules to check plagiarism online and match a particular document with all relevant sources available on the internet. It searches against major databases, electronic sources like published books, articles, journals, and submitted papers of other students.
- Report: After completion of intense search and match, detailed reports are generated and delivered to individual students, highlighting the plagiarized texts under different color codes based on their similarity levels.
Similarity Index Checker by Turnitin
- The content to be checked is compared against a comprehensive database. Color coding is used to represent the level of similarity and a percentage denotes the amount of match.
- Blue means that there are no references or direct quotes used in the assignment. This indicates no similarity to any other source.
- Green indicates similarity index from 1 to 24%. This shows the level of content that has been copied without referencing.
- Yellow denotes similarity from 25 to 49%. Orange shows 50 to 74% match and red reflects 75 to 100% match. This similarity index is often a result of poor writing or too much paraphrasing.
Turnitin plagiarism checker pricing is available on request.
How to check plagiarism in Turnitin?
Go to Assignment tool and click on the name of the assignment. Click on the Turnitin Menu Icon. Go to settings>Optional Settings. Select Originality Report generation and resubmissions. Choose sources for comparison. Select if students will receive the report. Decide if you want to store the submitted paper. Click on Submit.
How to read plagiarism report of Turnitin?
Different text will be color coded to show plagiarism. Blue means that no match duplicity was found. Green denotes one match and up to 24 percent similarity index. Yellow means 25 to 49 percent of similarities were present. Orange means 50 to 74 percent similarity index and red means 75 to 100% similarity index.
Benefits of Turnitin Plagiarism Checker Software
- Ensures Authenticity: Turnitin software is an advanced, scalable, and customizable platform, helping educational institutes ensure complete authenticity of a submitted text before going for final publication.
- Compliance with Rules: Turnitin plagiarism tool offers compatible services, under any nation, university, or educational board’s rules and regulations. It also follows the 2018 regulations introduced by UGC in India.
- Data Privacy: Turnitin plagiarism software is compliant with the student privacy pledge set forth by FPF and SIIA. All user-related data is stored within stringent security policies and multi-level access restrictions.
- Role-Based Access Levels: Turnitin offers three types of access levels: Administrators, Instructors, and Students. Admins can generate separate accounts for instructors and monitor detailed reports. Instructors can add students, create classes, and exclude matching records from the reports. Students can upload papers, filter settings and download originality reports.
Turnitin Pricing & Plans
Turnitin helps institutes in monitoring plagiarized content with its advanced filters, appropriate plagiarism based color-coding
Turnitin offers data-based insights, helping you to detect contract cheating. It conducts detailed searches and sends instant
With unique assignment grading features and an extensive feedback policy, Turnitin promotes instructional interventions and
Turnitin enhances academic skills among the students by promoting original work. It also ensures zero plagiarism in coding, text
The plagiarism checking software, with its enhanced duplicate detection tools, points out contract cheating and other piracy
Compare against the industry-leading database of content for comprehensive results.
- Supported Platforms : Windows
- Device: Desktop
- Deployment : Web-Based
- Suitable For : All Industries
- Business Specific: All Businesses
- Language: English
Turnitin Brand Details
|Information||Turnitin is an Internet-based plagiarism detection service run by the US company Turnitin, it sells its licenses to universities and high schools who then use the software as a service website to check submitted documents against its database.|
|Company Size||1-100 Employees|
|Other Products||iThenticate Plagiarism|
Q. What type of files are supported by Turnitin?
A. Turnitin is compatible with multiple file types including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, HTML, WordPerfect, RTF, Google Docs, OpenOffice and more.
Q. What is the maximum and minimum file size supported by Turnitin?
A. The software supports file size of 40 MB or less with a minimum length of 20 words and a maximum of 400 pages.
Q. What type of databases are covered by Turnitin?
A. Turnitin covers major databases like ProQuest, Medline, Peter Lang, PubMed, Sage, Springer and more.
Q. Does Turnitin have any Mobile App?
A. Yes, the software has a dedicated mobile app available only for iOS users.
Q. How to check percentage of plagiarism in Turnitin?
A. Go to Courses tab. Choose course and the relevant assignment. Select Submission details present on the right-hand side of your assignment. Then select similarity percentage to view the report in Feedback Studio.
Q. How to use Turnitin?
A. Go to Assignments tool. Select add. In Assignment section, add the title, dates and choose Single Uploaded File Only. Select Use Turnitin option in Turnitin Service. Make the relevant choices and finish the assignment form. Click on Post.
Q. How to reduce similarity on Turnitin?
A. One of the best ways to reduce similarity on Turnitin is to use quotation marks for every quote and cite all the sources. Also, your text must not be too similar or contain too many direct quotations.
Q. How does Turnitin algorithm work?
A. Turnitin compares a content piece against the content in its database and matches strings of words in the content being checked.
Q. How much similarity is allowed in Turnitin?
A. It varies depending on to whom you submit the report. Usually, acceptable percentage lies between 10-15%.
Q. How to cheat Turnitin software?
A. It is difficult to cheat as its functionality has evolved with time. Since it matches string of words, you can try replacing some words in your text. You can also paraphrase and use images. These ways can sometimes work.
Q. How to upload file in Turnitin?
A. After you login to Turnitin, choose the relevant class link under the All Classes Tab. Select Submit button and enter the title for your assessment. Select the file location and choose your file. Click on upload and then Confirm.
Q. How to use Turnitin in Moodle?
A. Go to course page and choose Turn editing. Click +Add in the lower right of Section. In activity chooser, choose Turnitin Assignment and click Add. Configure settings if you want. Select Save and return to course or Save and display.
Q. What is class id in Turnitin?
A. Class ID is a number that is generated for every class and can be found next to class name on instructor homepage. No two classes can have the same ID.
Q. Can I buy Turnitin software?
A. Turnitin subscription is not available for individual users. However, institutes can buy Turnitin license and add their students.
Q. Does Essay Typer show up on Turnitin?
A. If you submit an essay generated by Essay Typer on Turnitin, your content will be listed as plagiarised.
Q. How to check Turnitin score?
A. Launch your Turnitin assignment. In the Similarity heading where you submitted the file, the similarity score will appear in colour coding.
Q. How to delete Turnitin submission?
A. Go to Course Tools >Turnitin Assignments in control panel. Find the link and click on check box in front of the submission you want to delete. Click Delete.
Q. How to submit assignment in Turnitin?
A. To submit assignment, go to All Classes Tab and choose your class link. Click on the submit button present beside the assessment you want. Write the title and choose assignment location. Go to your assignment and select. Click Upload option.
Q. How to use Turnitin on blackboard?
A. In Assignment, go to Assessments and click Turnitin Assignment. Enter the name and point value. Choose the dates and configure optional settings. Click on Submit and then OK.
Q. Can Turnitin detect paraphrasing?
A. Its algorithm does not detect paraphrasing always. However, its functionality has expanded with time to detect it in many cases.
Q. How to check your plagiarism percentage on Turnitin?
A. Go to submission details on the right-hand side of your assignment. Select the similarity percent and the report will give you an accurate percentage for matched or similar content.
Q. How to create a new account on Turnitin?
A. Go to the official website of Turnitin and select the “Create Account” link. Choose your account type. Enter your details. Enter your email and re-enter for confirmation. Next, enter password and security question. Check I am not a robot and I agree-Create profile options.
Q. How to create a class in Turnitin?
A. Go to instructor homepage and click on Add Class button. Enter the information required (class name, enrollment key, subject area and level). Choose the end date for class and click submit.