What is Touchplan and how does it work?
Touchplan is an innovative construction collaboration platform designed to help modern project teams streamline their processes and improve project outcomes. With its user-friendly, web-based interface, the platform is accessible from anywhere, making it an ideal tool for superintendents, subcontractors, project managers, architects, project executives, and owners.
One of the key features of Touchplan is its project scheduling capabilities. Users can easily chart their projects from start to finish, and even identify important milestones along the way. In addition, the platform offers phase planning, which allows users to work backwards from those milestones and plan out the necessary steps to achieve them. By digitizing the traditional sticky note system, Touchplan enables users to execute the Last Planner System in real-time, with responsibility and ownership of tasks retained by team members throughout the project.
Another powerful feature of Touchplan is its team planning capabilities. Users can schedule team meetings, identify weaknesses and strengths within the team, and quickly remove any constraints that may be preventing progress. This allows for a more agile and responsive approach to project management, with teams able to adjust their plans and workflows on the fly.
Finally, Touchplan offers powerful reporting capabilities, with weekly progress reports that provide valuable insights for better decision making. By leveraging real-time data from the project site, teams can identify areas for improvement and take action to keep their projects on track.
Overall, Touchplan is an essential tool for any modern construction project team looking to optimize their workflows and improve project outcomes. With its powerful scheduling, planning, and reporting capabilities, the platform can help teams work more efficiently, collaborate more effectively, and achieve better results.
- Subcontractor Management
- Equipment TrackingAsset or equipment tracking is a process business can use to keep track of all their tangible assets. Any physical equipment can be tracked with tags or barcodes. equipment tracking is a way to document everything the business owns. Asset tracking can benefit many different types of company, including flood restoration, damage restoration and remediation, construction companies, surveyors, contractors, and more. To keep everything running smoothly, asset tracking uses a centralised platform that keeps relevant information like location, contact information, owner, and maintenance history at all times. Most importantly, with asset tracking and management, there is no need to invest in manual labour for management. Besides, everyone knows how vital asset tracking is to reduce the cost of expenses and energy. In other words, with asset tracking, no one has to waste time that could be spent elsewhere.
- Subcontractor ManagementSubcontractor management is a process that involves overseeing the lifecycle of one or more subcontracts for an employer. Subcontractor managers are responsible for enforcing the safety and cost provisions of a given contract and for determining if any request to deviate from those provisions by a subcontractor can be reasonably justified.
- ResidentialResidential property is any building or unit zoned and purposed as living space. It’s one of two general categories of real estate, the other being commercial property. Residential property is usually owner-occupied, but not necessarily. By real estate industry convention, any properties with fewer than five units — none of which are for commercial use — are classified as residential. Larger properties and those with mixed residential and commercial use, then, qualify as commercial. The iconic example is the single-family home. Definitions differ but, generally speaking, it is building containing one dwelling unit, detached from all other structures, with open space on all sides.
- Mobile AccessMobile access is the use of a mobile device (e.g. smartphone, tablet, or wearable) to gain access to projects, tasks, services, and more.
- EstimatingAn estimate for any construction work may be defined as the process of calculating the quantities and costs of the various items required in connection with the work. Before the start of any work for its execution, the owner of the builder should have a thorough knowledge of the volume of work. The minutest details can help him understand if the work can be completed within the stipulated time frame and budget. It also enables him to understand the probable cost that may be incurred to complete the proposed work. Therefore, it is necessary to list the probable costs or develop an estimate for the proposed work from its plans and specifications.
- ContractorsA contractor is a person or an organization hired by the client to complete the project. In summary, the roles and responsibilities of contractors have many different levels since they carry out a broad range of tasks and manage numerous individuals.
- Contract ManagementContract management is the process of managing contract creation, execution, and analysis to maximize operational and financial performance at an organization, all while reducing financial risk. Organizations encounter an ever-increasing amount of pressure to reduce costs and improve company performance.
- Commercial ProjectsCommercial construction projects are for the building and selling of business structures such as offices, retail centers, warehouses, and industrial buildings. Business owners, managers, and developers hire general contractors to build or remodel their commercial structure. Commercial construction is a project overseen and built by a general contractor company. General contractors may work in various sectors of construction such as both commercial and residential. The difference in these parts of the construction world is that residential construction projects are for individual housing projects. A general contractor might be educated and experienced in both residential and commercial construction, but they may only serve one of these sectors of the industry. Some general contractors may only service select industries, so when choosing to hire a commercial contracting company, ask them what type of industries they serve.
- Change OrdersA change order is work that is added to or deleted from the original scope of work of a contract, which alters the original contract amount and/or completion date. A change order may force a new project to handle significant changes to the current project.
- Budget Tracking (Job Costing)A job costing system involves the process of accumulating information about the costs associated with a specific production or service job. This information may be required in order to submit the cost information to a customer under a contract where costs are reimbursed.
- CRMCustomer relationship management (CRM) is a technology for managing all your company’s relationships and interactions with customers and potential customers.
- RFI & SubmittalsThe RFI is a project communication management process that is used to request for the interpretation of work not sufficiently described or reasonably inferable from the contract documents including drawings and specifications.
- Incident ReportingAn incident report is used for recording and documenting incidents, such as: hacking, accidents, injuries of any kind or any other unforeseen event.
- Accounting IntegrationAn integrated accounting system is a type of software that combines major financial accounting functions into one application. Integrated accounting systems furnish information regarding the cost of each product, job or operation as well as comprehensive information about the profit or loss of an entire organization.
- Offline AccessOffline access allows your team members to access the collaboration software even if they aren’t connected to the internet. There can be various issues like network failure, weak signals, Wifi connectivity issues, or low coverage that may hamper productivity. But offline access allows you to still interact with the software despite network issues.
Touchplan Technical details
|Support||Business Hours||Customer Type||Medium Business
|API||NA||Location / Phone Number||Massachusetts, United States / 888-308-1404|
|Category||Construction Management Software|
Touchplan is Construction Management Software. Touchplan offers the following functionalities:
- Equipment Tracking
- Subcontractor Management
- Mobile Access
- Contract Management
- Commercial Projects
- Change Orders
- Budget Tracking (Job Costing)
Here`s a list of the best alternatives for Touchplan:
- Autodesk BIM 360
No, Touchplan does not provide API.