What is Mixamo and how does it work?
Mixamo is a leading 3D graphics design company that provides web-based services for 3D character animations. It stands out for its innovative approach to character animation by automating the different steps involved in the process using machine learning technology. This includes rigging, 3D modeling, and 3D animation. The platform offers a wide range of characters to choose from, including fantasy, sci-fi, realistic, and cartoon characters, among others. This makes it possible for users to find the perfect character for any project they are working on.
Mixamo’s ready-to-use characters are fully textured and rigged, which means users can quickly incorporate them into their creative projects. Additionally, users can upload their custom character and get an automatically rigged full human skeleton, custom fit to their model, and ready to animate. Mixamo also allows users to customize their rigging options with optimizations for mobile performance. This means that users can create optimized animations for mobile games, which is a valuable feature for game developers.
Once the animation project is complete, users can download the characters and animations in multiple formats, including FBX, BVH, and Collada. This makes it easy for users to integrate the animated characters into their work, whether it be in motion graphics, video games, film, or illustration. Mixamo has become a popular choice among 3D artists and designers for its easy-to-use interface, high-quality characters, and extensive customization options.
- 3D modeling
- 3D character animation
- 3D computer graphics
- Character rigging
- Model Library
- Export MediaHelps in exporting projects into multiple file-formats
- Character SkinningA process of shaping a character model by attaching vertexes to bones
- Character RiggingA technique of setting up bones and skeleton to a 2D/3D character model
- Model LibraryA collection of ready-to-use high-quality 2D/3D models and characters for every purpose
- 3D ModelingCreating a three-dimensional representation of an object or surface with defined polygons, edges, and vertices.
- 3D AnimationHelps in adding animation effects to the crafted 3d models
- 3D Video EditingAllows editing 3D videos and make necessary changes
- White-board AnimationA time-lapse drawing video with hand-drawn illustrations on a whiteboard
- Text AnimationAdding a visually appealing pattern-based motion graphics to the text
- 2D AnimationHelps in creating visual effects on two-dimensional bitmap and vector graphics.
- Asset LibraryAsset Libraries are virtual spaces where you can create and store reusable assets. You can create as many of these spaces as needed to group together content for departments, teams, or even individual products and campaigns. Each Library is created at the instance level and can be connected to multiple Sites, so your Users can develop and manage assets in each Library instead of within individual Sites. Supported applications include Web Content, Documents and Media, and Collections. Asset Libraries work under the same permission management system as other applications, so you can configure who can create or access assets in a Library and determine the channels where those assets are accessible.
Mixamo Technical details
|API||NA||Location / Phone Number||San Francisco, California|
Mixamo is Animation Software. Mixamo offers the following functionalities:
- Export Media
- Character Skinning
- Character Rigging
- Model Library
- 3D Modeling
- 3D Animation
- 3D Video Editing
Here`s a list of the best alternatives for Mixamo:
- Animation Desk
- Create Studio
No, Mixamo does not provide API.