What is Google Drive and how does it work?
Google Drive is a cloud-based file storage and sharing platform that enables users to store, access and share files anytime, anywhere, and from any device. It offers numerous benefits that make it a preferred choice for individuals and businesses alike.
- Centralised Administration and Data Loss Prevention: Google Drive provides centralised administration and data loss prevention facilities, protecting your files from possible data breaches. The powerful AI technology used in the platform ensures that your important files are kept safe and secure.
- Quick Access and Smart Suggestions: Google Drive utilises its powerful AI to learn and understand which files are important and frequently accessed by users. The platform identifies important content and collaborators using Quick Access and machine learning-based servers to automatically connect users with files that are important to them.
- Real-Time Collaboration and File Sharing: Google Drive makes it easy for users to share files and collaborate in real-time. Files can be shared and accessed by anyone with registered email IDs in the shared list. Real-time synchronisation ensures that changes made by one user are visible to all others in real-time.
- Integrated Applications: Google Drive offers a set of integrated applications, each designated for a specific purpose, making it easy for users to accomplish tasks directly from the drive itself. DocuSign is used for electronic signatures, CloudLock for enhanced security layers and Lucid Charts for mockups.
- Convenient Access and Storage: Google Drive ensures that none of the actual computer disk space is affected, as files are stored and accessed from the cloud. This makes it convenient for users to access their files from any device and platform, as long as they have an internet connection.
Overall, Google Drive is a reliable and efficient platform that offers numerous benefits to individuals and businesses alike, including easy access, enhanced security, real-time collaboration, and integrated applications.
Google Drive Pricing
$8 per active user per month plus $0.04 per GB per user per month
- No storage limits
- Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Privacy Shield certified
- Data processing commitments
- 24/7 phone and email support
- Security, privacy, and compliance controls
- Company-wide user management
- Centralized Admin console
- Audit and reporting
- Vault for eDiscovery covering Drive files
- Data loss prevention for Drive
$10-$25 per user per month
- Includes features of Drive Enterprise plan, plus
- No storage limits (unless < 5 users, then 1TB per user)
- Vault for eDiscovery covering Drive files, Gmail, and Hangouts Chat
- Data loss prevention for Drive and Gmail
- Business email through Gmail
- Shared calendars
- Video and voice conferencing
- Secure team messaging
Google Drive Technical details
|Support||24/7 (Live rep)||Customer Type||Large Enterprises
|API||Location / Phone Number||Mountain View, California|
Mobile – Android
Mobile – iOS
|Category||Cloud Content Collaboration Software|
Google Drive FAQs
Here`s a list of the best alternatives for Google Drive:
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- Dropbox Business
- Apple iCloud
- Dropbox Professional
Yes, Google Drive provides API.