What is Amwell and how does it work?
AmWell is a cloud-based telemedicine management solution that provides a comprehensive suite of tools for healthcare providers to deliver high-quality, convenient, and cost-effective care to patients. AmWell’s telehealth solution spans the care continuum from urgent care to acute care, and can be used to provide a wide range of services, including:
- Virtual doctor visits
- Mental health consultations
- Chronic care management
- Specialty care
- Urgent care
- And more
AmWell’s purpose-built telemedicine carts and kiosks are designed and tested to be reliable, safe, and user-friendly. The carts are easy to set up and use, and they provide a high-quality video and audio experience for both patients and providers. The kiosks are also easy to use, and they can be placed in a variety of locations, such as hospitals, clinics, schools, and workplaces.
AmWell’s EHR integrations allow telehealth to embed into existing clinical workflows and patient portals. This makes it easy for providers to access patient records and share information with other providers. It also makes it easy for patients to access their medical records and communicate with their providers.
AmWell is a trusted telemedicine solution that is used by thousands of healthcare providers and millions of patients. AmWell is HIPAA compliant and meets all of the security requirements for the transmission of protected health information.
Here are some of the benefits of using AmWell:
- Convenient: Patients can access care from the comfort of their own homes or offices.
- Cost-effective: Telehealth can help to reduce the cost of care by eliminating the need for patients to travel to and from appointments.
- Efficient: Telehealth can help to improve the efficiency of healthcare by reducing the wait time for appointments and allowing providers to see more patients in a day.
- Effective: Telehealth has been shown to be just as effective as in-person care for a variety of conditions.
If you are a healthcare provider, AmWell can help you to improve the quality, convenience, and cost-effectiveness of your care. If you are a patient, AmWell can help you to access the care you need, when you need it, from the comfort of your own home.
- Urgent Care
- Population Health Management
- Chronic Disease Management
- Care SummaryPatient summary of care report that helps on each care transition or to another setting of care
- Patient QueueAllows to virtually control patient queue and connect to the doctor
- Patient PortalFacility for patients to access personal health information from anywhere
- GDPR ComplianceMakes the website compliant to General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 that offers privacy to all users in the European Union
- HIPAA CompliantOffers security over the collection of sensitive data and uphold to protect the integrity of PHI
- PaymentsEnables payment collection from the visitors via popular payment gateways
- File TransferAllows sending and receiving files
- RemindersSends important reminders through email to attendees
- Alert NotificationsAlert notifications are actionable and content-rich push notifications sent by a software. These notifications can be for anything from new leads to cases that have been ignored or discount requests.
- Personalized URLEnables to create a customized or brand URL for respondents and visitors to get access to the link
- Patient Records ManagementManages and records all necessary and vital data about a patient.
- Live ChatLive chat is a medium that allows the employees to interact with website visitors or with each other in real-time. It can be either text, voice, or video-based chat that team members can use to get in touch with each other to discuss or resolve any ongoing issues.
Amwell Technical details
|Support||Business Hours||Customer Type||Individuals
|API||NA||Location / Phone Number||Boston, Massachusetts / 1-800-317-5656|
Mobile – Android
Mobile – iOS
Amwell is Telemedicine Software. Amwell offers the following functionalities:
- Care Summary
- Patient Queue
- Patient Portal
- GDPR Compliance
- HIPAA Compliant
- File Transfer
- Alert Notifications
Here`s a list of the best alternatives for Amwell:
- Practice Fusion
No, Amwell does not provide API.